Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sewing projects update

I found a shirred dress pattern from this site.  My Grandma gave me a LOT!! of fabric and so I picked up some elastic thread and got to sewing! I am so happy with how it turned out. :)  Instead of using pompoms I used Rick Rack for the straps and I also did Rick Rack on the bottom for a pretty design. 

The shirring shows much better in this picture. 

I also Made this dress from this site.  You cant see it  in this picture very well but I like this picture so well I had to  put it on my blog!!

Here is the dress!! Also Fabric from my Grandma! So excited that this was free to make!!  It is a little big but hopefully she can wear it all summer.

I Made this dress totally myself!!! and I found a  tutorial about making ruffles without a gathering stitch but I cant remember where I found it, and this Fabric was also free from Grandma!! I used a dress she had , folded it in half and traced it on the fold. I did not quite get the top shaped right but next time it will be better!

2 comments: