Friday, May 11, 2012

Painting with hands is fun!!

There are so many exciting things floating around pinterest that I decided  I am going to do a fun activity at least once a week with my kids all summer long.  So far we have made hot car crayons and today's activity which was making owls and reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar and then doing a craft to go with the story. so here it is!
First we gathered our supplies
glue
paper
scissors
and my quick hand drawn pattern

Then we cut out all of the shapes we needed
and glued them on a piece of white paper  (the black part of the eye was drawn on with a sharpie)

Then we painted with our hands to make wings!

and washed hands thoroughly ( I hope! I haven't been in there bathroom yet)


Here are there finished owls! They turned out so cute!
I hung them on the wall which made them very proud of their creations. :) 

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft. ( Davids isn't done yet because he is particular and doing his different so I will add it when he finishes.  I dotn have pictures of the steps because I forgot. :(  But it is pretty east to do. :)

First we made the sun, and ground out of construction paper and glued it down.  Then I painted the girls palm green and their 4 fingers brown and then pressed them onto the paper.  Make sure to repaint with each stamp or it won't look as pretty!  Then I cleaned their hands and painted their palm red and their two middle fingers purple and printed down making the head and antennas.  Fun craft that didn't take to awful long!

If you amke any of these I would really enjoy seeing pictures of your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment